Sunday, July 6, 2014

Libkeduvocdocument Qt5/KDE Frameworks port

Hello all. Yes I'm still alive. Yes I'm still doing KDE stuff as I find time or make time. I'll report in the next few posts about what is happening and where we are going.
One of the things that happened recently was the port of libkeduvocdocument to Qt5 and frameworks. Vishesh started the effort, and I completed it with some review by Aleix Pol. It was decided as documented here that since libkdeedu only contains libkeduvocdocument it should be split up. Upon further investigation we realized that the other parts of libkdeedu are not used anymore. Besides the icons subfolder that are still looking for a home, the rest of the git repo is only libkeduvocdocument related, so we decided to just rename the git repository for the frameworks and going forward release. So the libkdeedu git repository holds the kde sc 4 codebase, while the libkeduvocdocument git repo holds the qt5 and frameworks based code. Both contain the history so all history is preserved. 

I'll write next time about the steps taken to port the library to Qt5 and KDE Frameworks.

No comments: